You can learn about and register for upcoming workshops, panels, and events hosted by the Epidemic Urbanism Initiative.
Architecture as Global Health Equity – Saturday, November 12, 2022, 12-1:30pm US ET (via Zoom)
This panel seeks to address a range of timely questions for global health and architectural practice provoked by the simultaneous epidemics of COVID-19, inequity, and climate change; for example:
- How has architecture shifted in response to issues of access and equity provoked in the post-COVID age?
- What are the specific opportunities and stakes of thinking and working globally in architecture?
- What are the new opportunities for and stakes of multidisciplinary collaborations for architects across the world?
- How does the practice of architecture need to change to confront the many vulnerabilities in urban settings rendered visible by COVID? What role can and should architects play in this shift?
- What are opportunities for architects to work with their local communities to address these issues?
This session will be moderated by David Gloster, former RIBA Director of Education (2006-21). Panelists include:
- Sahar Attia, Egypt
- Cristiana Caira, White Arkitekter, Sweden
- Henry Chao, Chao Architect, USA
- Femke Feenstra, GAF, The Netherlands
- Robin Guenther, Perkins and Will, USA
- Khondaker Hasibul Kabir, Bangladesh
- Rubén Octavio Sepúlveda Chapa, Dear Architects, Mexico
- Timothy Seyi Odeyale, Nigeria
This event will be held via Zoom. Register here.